News

Looking for next big thing

by
July 01, 2017

The search is on for Mitchell Shire’s next up-and-coming music stars, with applications now open for Volume’s Battle of the Bands competition, which will be held on July 22.

Are you dreaming of becoming music’s next big thing?

The search is on for Mitchell Shire’s next up-and-coming music stars, with applications now open for Volume’s Battle of the Bands competition, which will be held on July 22.

The competition is open to bands or artists who live, work or study in Mitchell Shire.

A minimum of half the band members must be 21 years of age or under when the application is submitted, and no members can be over 25 or younger than 12.

Participants will take to the stage to compete for the Battle of the Bands title at Hadfield Park in Wallan from noon to 4pm on July 22.

Mitchell Shire Mayor Rhonda Sanderson said the competition was a great way to showcase local talent.

‘‘Battle of the Bands is a fantastic concept. It’s fun, exciting and a great way for local bands and acts to get their music out there,’’ Cr Sanderson said.

‘‘It’s also a proven launching pad for national and international success. You only have to look back to previous Battle of the Bands winner Stonefield, who is now playing gigs across Australia and overseas.’’

Last year’s Battle of the Bands winner FLAXXON has since gone on to record its first EP.

‘‘Winning Battle of the Bands was one of our greatest highlights to date,’’ band members said.

‘‘We had the chance to record our first EP with Christopher Vernon Recording Studios and it helped to elevate our aspiring career in the music industry.’’

Applications are open until 5pm on July 3. Entry is free but participants must cover all travel and accommodation costs.

●For more details or to apply, phone Shaanie Meyer on 57346200 or email shaanie.meyer@mitchellshire.vic.gov.au

By
More in News
Login Sign Up

Dummy text